Partner Spotlight | Mews
27th February 2020
What are the main benefits for hoteliers adopting your system?
We’re a highly flexible, feature-rich and cloud-based PMS, leveraging the power of technology and automation to simplify hotel operations so that staff can focus on providing unbeatable guest experience and maximize revenue at the same time. Our user-friendly, all-in-one technology enhances human capabilities, helping properties to rediscover the lost art of hospitality.
When using Mews, hoteliers can expect to:
• Save costs on server investment and shorten deployment time with a cloud-based platform
• Improve bookings and revenue via better conversions and simple payments
• Reduce staffing costs and errors through task automation
• Increase meaningful guest interaction by freeing up staff time
• Build your property ecosystem with a plug-and-play app marketplace
• Provide a personalised guest experience with agile messaging
What makes you stand out from the crowd?
Mews is more than a PMS. It’s a booking engine, a concierge, and a payment gateway. It’s a kiosk, a housekeeping app, and bridge to hundreds of the industry’s best integrations. In short, it’s a unique, guest-centric solution for hotels and hostels, designed and built by former hoteliers.
A modern property management system should be mobile and accessible. Because Mews is a native, cloud-based solution, it can be managed from any device at any time, anywhere in the world, ensuring hotel managers are always in control.
We also introduced the industry’s first truly open API. The Mews Marketplace hosts a unique ecosystem of over 300 powerful integrations, which can be plugged simply and securely into the PMS, with some ready for use in under 30 minutes. This gives our users the choice of enhancing their operations in exactly the way they see fit, with an immediacy and flexibility unrivalled in the industry.
Tell us three achievements you are proud of?
1. We were voted Best PMS of 2020 at the HotelTechAwards. Loads of hard work went into this win, and the fact that it’s determined entirely by genuine customer feedback is amazing.
2. We raised a $33m Series B investment last year. This was a huge show of faith and vital to help with our expansion across the globe, underpinned by consecutive 200% year on year growth.
3. We finished third in the best place to work category at the 2020 HotelTechAwards. Company culture is a big thing for us, so we’re delighted to know that people enjoy working for Mews.
What are your clients saying about you?
“What instantly stood out to us about Mews was the attractiveness of the user interface.”
André Henke Marques, Resort Manager - Northern Lights Village - Saariselkä, Finland
"We’re saving 10 hours a week of time that we previously spent on admin and back-office work!"
Liutauras Vaitkevicius, General Manager - Good Hotel - London, UK
“Since we started using Mews, we engage with guests far more than we used to do, and this means that we can now treat every one of our guests differently, and offer a truly bespoke experience for them.”
Sotiris Kopatsaris, Managing Director and Owner - Carpe Diem - Santorini
“Mews entered the industry without preconceived notions of what a hotel tech company should be like. This HotelTechAwards victory is validation that their unconventional approach is exactly what the market was looking for. Hundreds of clients, employees and partners came out to rave about Mews’ innovative product and organizational culture and there is huge potential in this company.”
Jordan Hollander, Hotel Tech Report CEO and co-founder
Any future plans you are happy to share with us?
There’s no reason why Mews can’t be a global brand. We’ve already started investing our Series B funding into territory expansion, with a particular focus on the US. In the coming months and years we’ll continue to seek out properties in new countries, as well as strengthen in the places where we already have a presence.
As you might expect, company growth is big on our agenda too. We pretty much doubled the Mews team last year and we’ve planned for more of the same this year – that means opening new offices to make sure we have a real point of contact for regional customers, as well as growing our teams in our central offices. We’re particularly focused on expanding our tech and product teams, because those guys and girls are the real drivers of industry innovation.