Technical Support Executive
What does Criton do?
In the hospitality sector, guests are increasingly using their mobile to maximise utility and value from their stay. Consumers now expect a dynamic, highly personalised experience that adapts to them and their context. A tough challenge where the bar is constantly being raised. That’s where Criton comes in!
Criton helps hotels, resorts, and serviced apartments respond to this challenge and deliver a phenomenal guest experience through beautiful, customised mobile apps. We integrate with the technology hotels use, leverage additional content and use data analysis to optimise the entire experience. The result is delighted guests who get the most from their stay and hotels who have happy, repeat customers.
Where are Criton now and where is Criton going?
We’re a 3 year old company that’s grown from simply digitising accommodation information to a recently revamped app that now includes deep hospitality technology integrations as well as features like chat, push notifications and digital door keys – with lots more planned for 2020! So now is an exciting time to join as we continue to expand our customer base globally, find innovative solutions to really difficult issues and generally shake up the hospitality sector. It’s going to be an incredible journey of exploration!
What would I be doing?
Working as part of a small and dynamic cross-functional team, your role will be to provide customer support for the company’s SaaS platform, Criton - as well as building apps for customers using our software.
The role is twofold. The first part involves providing front line support for customers, resolving any issues (as far as possible, prior to escalation). This will also involve dealing with incoming queries on the phone, email and our Live Chat system.
You will also be involved in the app-building side using our software. This will involve talking to customers to find out their requirements, creating designs based on these conversations using our templates and creating frameworks & uploading content via a JSON editor, so some minor technical experience or willingness to learn is required.
You may also be involved with testing the app, publishing to the stores and assisting with the maintenance of apps after they’ve been published to the stores.
This position may suit someone who has recently graduated from a computer-based course or has an interest in learning technical skills in a fast-paced start-up environment.
What skills are we looking for?
We have a high bar and expect a lot from our people. But we don’t expect everyone to be there from day one. In fact, we want a few gaps! That’s why you’re seeking a new role, right? To grow, learn and develop?
The list below is a guide but if you are, ambitious, self-driven and want the opportunity to gain this experience, we’d love to hear from you!
- Experience with first-line customer support in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills (and patience)
- Enjoy resolving issues with customers and gain satisfaction from helping people
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and versatile
- Computer literate and comfortable using basic software & PhotoShop
- Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for one’s work
- Ability and willingness to continuously keep up-to-date with changes in the hospitality sector
Other desirable skills
- Hospitality industry experience
- Technical understanding of IOS or Android Apps
- Some previous experience with coding/software development (JSON)
- Familiar with mobile-first and responsive design concepts
- Basic administration skills
What do we offer?
- City centre location within a vibrant startup incubator community.
- Flexible working hours, allowing for personal adjustments for work / life balance.
- Ability to work from home once per week.
- Regular company events for social engagement and team building.
- Life Insurance.
- Annual Staff Bonus.
- Training for professional development.
- Investment in you and your skill development with opportunity to attend relevant events and conferences to aid career / skill development.
- The opportunity to join a dynamic startup, pushing the boundaries in hospitality technology and getting to work on hard problems in a complex and competitive marketplace.
- Open, supportive, inclusive environment where you can explore your ideas and make a big difference to the product and business.
If would like to apply please write a cover letter stating why the role is of interest, any notice period and with your salary expectations and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org